Welcome to Austin Aqua Yoga
Aqua Yoga is accessible
Practicing yoga in the water soothes the nervous system and reduces inflammation making it a fantastic yoga practice for people of various ages, sizes and abilities.
Explore the breath and body with this mindful practice.
Why practice yoga in the water?
- Decreased inflammation
- Increased body awareness
- Promotes deeper breathing
- Increases range of motion
- Reduce or eliminate pain
- Water resistance tones muscles
- Decompresses joints
- Improves balance
- Creates a relaxation response in the body
- The pool can be a playful environment that cultivates confidence and encourages community.
Who might this be good for?
- Lovers of water and relaxation
- Students with balance issues
- Students with arthritis, joint pain or inflammation
- Older Adults
- Athletes and swimmers
- Those with Fibromyalgia
- Those with minimal body awareness
- New and experienced yoga students
SEMI-PRIVATE AQUA YOGA THERAPY SESSIONS
Katherine is now offering therapeutic sessions in groups of 4 students.
AQUA KRIYA YOGA CERTIFICATION WEEKEND
Interested in learning how to teach aqua yoga? The Aqua Kriya Yoga certification weekend in Austin, Texas Spring 2021. More details TBA this fall
Gentle yoga classes
Can't make it to aqua yoga? Join one of Katherine's weekly yoga classes via Zoom.
Follow Austin aqua yoga
Summer classes sell out fast get notified first when class registration opens each month.
You will also enjoy aqua yogic inspiration and find out about retreats and certifications.
Join Email List
" I love Aqua Yoga because the water offers beautiful support for all of the body’s movement. The warmth and buoyancy of the water, along with healthy alignment, relieve stress on the joints, and allow me to explore my range of motion in ways that are not available or may not be safe for vulnerable joints in a land class."
Check out Katherine's Aqua Yoga blog on Yogapedia