Welcome to Austin Aqua Yoga!
Aqua Yoga is accessible.
Practicing yoga in the water soothes the nervous system and reduces inflammation making it a fantastic yoga practice for people of various ages, sizes and abilities.
Explore the breath and body with this mindful practice.
The 2019 season has ended. See you in May 2020!
Interested in learning how to teach aqua yoga? Katherine will be holding a Aqua Kriya Yoga certification weekend in Austin, Texas, in the spring of 2020. More info to come.
Receive occasional emails about classes, workshops and retreats.
Why practice yoga in the water?
- Decreased inflammation
- Increased body awareness
- Promotes deeper breathing
- Increases range of motion
- Reduce or eliminate pain
- Water resistance tones muscles
- Decompresses joints
- Improves balance
- Creates a relaxation response in the body
- The pool can be a playful environment that cultivates confidence and encourages community.
Who might this be good for?
- Lovers of water and relaxation
- Students with balance issues
- Students with arthritis, joint pain or inflammation
- Older Adults
- Athletes and swimmers
- Those with Fibromyalgia
- Those with minimal body awareness
- New and experienced yoga students
Learn more about Katherine's other offerings.
" I love Aqua Yoga because the water offers beautiful support for all of the body’s movement. The warmth and buoyancy of the water, along with healthy alignment, relieve stress on the joints, and allow me to explore my range of motion in ways that are not available or may not be safe for vulnerable joints in a land class."
Check out Katherine's Aqua Yoga blog on Yogapedia