1 hour class, mp3 download only.
(If you are new to yoga or aqua yoga, please consider purchasing the "PACKAGE" version of this class instead, as it comes with a visual aid.)
ABOUT THIS SEQUENCE:
Rooted, Aware and Present Aqua Yoga sequence focuses on the feet and legs. Feet are the foundation on which the rest of the body sits. How we use or don’t use our feet greatly affect our knees, hips and back.
In this fundamental practice we will increase awareness through self-massage, stretch and strengthen the muscles of the legs with “flows” (simple breath linked movements), longer held standing postures and specific alignments. Class concludes with a short "savasana" (relaxation pose) to the sound of crystal bowls.
Who would benefit from this class?
- over-pronate or over-supinate feet
- have certain foot, ankle, knee or hip issues due to lack of awareness
- new aqua yoga students
- are interested in exploring chakras 1 and 2 (muladhara and svadhisthana
- would like to increase foot awareness
- are interested in refining standing yoga postures (on land and in water
- have anxiety
- excess vata
- are looking to feel more present and at home in their body and on this planet.
Practice along with this mp3 in water no deeper than chest-depth at a temperature preferably warmer than 85 degrees.
You will need at least one "water noodle" or floatation device.